Ultra Street Fighter has received two new trailers courtesy of Capcom Japan, but even if you can’t parse kana you’ll find plenty to love below. Ultra Street Fighter 4 debuts in Japanese arcades today, It’s coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 as a stand-alone release and DLC in June, and will hit PC in August. To see what has changed in this apparently final version of the fighter, check out the full Ultra Street Fighter 4 change log below.
- Costs 2 bars to use.
- Command is MP+MK+LP.
- Does 1.5x as much damage as a regular Focus Attack.
- Level 1 will give hitstun. Level 2-3 will crumple opponent.
- Can absorb any amount of hits. Level 1 and 2 work the same as regular Focus, that you can be counter hit while you’re moving in to attack. Level 3 has armor during the full attack duration.
- While being hit during a red focus, you get twice as much Ultra gauge as during regular hits.
EX Red Focus
- Costs 3 bars to use.
- It used by pressing MP+MK+LP to cancel a move during hit or block.
- Damage is 1.5 as much as a regular Focus Attack.
- Level 1-3 all crumple.
- No armor.
- As long as you hold the buttons, you will get double as much Ultra gauge as during regular hits.
- Is used by press two buttons at the same time right before you hit the ground (if it is delayed wakeup-able).
- It extends your wakeup by 11 frames.
- “Delayed Wakeup” will appear in text on the screen as a visual.
Ultra Combo Double Notes
- Ultra Combo Double scales your ultras so they won’t do 100%. Scaling is different between characters. E. Honda, Zangief, Dhalsim, Akuma, Cammy, Fei Long, Rose, T. Hawk, Makoto, Hakan and Hugo each do 60%, while all other characters will do 75%. There’s a little more that needs to be noted, which can be found below.
- Gouken’s Denjin Hadouken does 75% damage, but only 65% stun.
- Balrog’s Dirty Bull and Gen’s Shitenketsu (Mantis U2) does 75% damage and stun.
- Juri’s Feng Shui Engine lasts for 900 frames if used with 100% gauge and Ultra Combo 1 selected. With 100% gauge and Ultra Combo Double selected, it lasts for 630 frames.
- Elena’s Healing will heal 75% as much as usual when using Ultra Combo Double.