Rumor: Call of Duty 2014 game is called Patriots, set during World War 1, and coming to Xbox One/PS4/PC [UPDATE]
Loads of rumored details about this year’s entry in Activision’s blockbuster shooter series emerge today from multiple reports; official announcement expected for next month.
– The official name of the game is Call of Duty: Patriots.
– The project name is ‘BlackSmith’ – Smith Black being ONE of the main characters in the game.
– The game is being developed by Sledgehammer – Who intend to do a 3-part series.
– The setting is going back to the roots of CoD and will be set in a fictional version of The Great War (World War I).
– There will be more of a ‘Fantasy’ element to the game – One example we have been given is the fact that one of the main characters is from a previous CoD game, but in an alternate reality.
– There will be a multiplayer mode in the game as well as a single player mode. The single player mode can be done via Co-Op. However, this can only be done online. There is no Split Screen.
– The main campaign is expected to last just 6 hours. However, there will be TWO Sub-Campaigns. We aren’t sure what exactly this means.
– The game will only be developed for PC, PS4 and Xbox One – There is no chance of a WiiU or last-gen version.
– The release data is currently scheduled for November 14th 2014.
So, there you have it. One bit of information our source couldn’t confirm was which engine the game will be developed in – although it is certain it will not be Unreal 4.
Just remember, this information is what will be announced by Activision before E3 this year. Enjoy your early present.