Thanks to career opportunity ads posted by Microsoft we are learning more about the next Halo game and 343 industries is looking for a Multiplayer Designer for what looks new Multiplayer modes for the next halo game. You can take a look at the job post here.
The 343 competitive multiplayer team designs, implements, and executes on the player-versus-player experience, including game modes, map feedback, moment-to-moment gameplay balancing, and cross-team collaboration.
We are looking for an experienced designer to support and develop the Halo competitive multiplayer experience. Responsibilities include balancing and tuning existing competitive experiences, creating, developing, and delivering all new Halo MP game modes. As a member of the competitive multiplayer design team, you will help shape the future of the Halo franchise. Candidates should understand how to work effortlessly across the studio with various design, and development teams to make sure 343 Industries aligns to deliver on a quality AAA user experience. This is your chance to join one of the most talented teams in the industry!
– Work with the Lead Designer to understand the vision of the product and bring the experience to life
– Provide direction to test and implementation team to deliver on this vision
-Design, script, balance, and tune competitive multiplayer game modes
– Balance and tune multiplayer scoring systems
– Participate in creative discussions, offer helpful critique, and provide your own compelling ideas
– Design proposals to update matchmaking playlists with new content and a very fast iteration time
Based on what the job posting says, 343 industries is looking into making new multiplayer modes and are making it a big focus for the game.