As many of you might be experiencing some type of lag due to any numerous issues. Now below take a look on what you can do to fix your lag on on the room you are playing in.
If you are experiencing latency lag while playing Call of Duty Advanced Warfare for either, Xbox One, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360online, your first step should be to check the server status page for the Call of Duty game you are playing. Choose from one of the titles below:
For FULL Advanced Warfare Coverage and Needs take a look at the links below to help you during the game:
- Home Network Quality – Improve the integrity and quality of your network by opening your NAT settings, avoiding use of bandwidth-heavy applications such as video streaming, and playing over a wired Ethernet connection.
- Matchmaking – Understand how matchmaking works so that you can use that knowledge to connect to the best games possible.
The guide below expands on the steps you can take to improve connection quality in the game.
Home Network Quality and Setup
- Disable any firewall or security features on your router. See your router’s instruction manual for details.
- EnableUPnP on your router. This will automatically route the correct data to the correct ports. If this does not resolve the issue, then try one of the following two alternatives:
- To achieve the best connection when playing Call of Duty games online, it is recommended that users set port forwarding on their router to the IP address of their console or PC using port 3074 User Datagram Protocol (UDP) and Transmission Control Protocol (TCP). If there is more than one console or PC used for gaming on your home network, you can redirect the second console or PC used for gaming to port 3075 UDP/TCP, a third console or PC used for gaming to port 3076, etc. Find out more about Port Forwarding and NAT Types.
- Place your console’s IP address into the DMZ of your router.
- Make sure that you are playing the game over a wired Ethernet connection to your console. Playing a game using a wireless connection is the primary cause of lag and connectivity issues. Wi-Fi has a wide variance in reliability and bandwidth, and can dramatically affect the quality of online gameplay. A wired connection will maintain the minimum bandwidth connection that is required for online gaming. Because modern consoles come with integrated Wi-Fi, it is easy for users to use that connection to play games. Make sure that you configure your console’s settings to use the wired Ethernet network instead of the integrated Wi-Fi network.
If the above steps improve your network connection to the game, you may want to assign your console a static IP address within your home network. This will ensure that the configurations you made do not need to be done again.