Nintendo made aware to the public of their sales for 2011 on the press release in which below it highlights the earnings for their tops games and consoles for last year.
- Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 were the fastest-selling titles in the history of their respective franchises. They are also the first Nintendo 3DS titles to sell 1 million units each in the United States.
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, broke launch records and became the 45th Wii title to sell more than 1 million units in the United States.
- Nintendo sold more than 12 million total hardware units in the United States in 2011. This is the fifth year in a row that Nintendo is able to claim this feat.
- Nintendo sold 4.5 million units of Wii, more than 4 million Nintendo 3DS systems, and more than 3.4 million units of the Nintendo DS family (DSi, DSi XL, etc.) of systems in 2011.
- The install base for Wii and Nintendo DS is now 39 million and over 51 million, respectively.
- Mario Kart Wii passed 11 million units sold and New Super Mario Bros. for the Nintendo DS family crossed 10 million total units sold since launch.