|Developer: 343 Industries|
|Release Date: November 6, 2012|
|Official Site: http://halo.xbox.com|
Halo 4 one of the most anticipated games of 2012 and will be the eighth installment, and the seventh main installment not including Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Edition in the best-selling Halo franchise. The game was first revealed on Microsoft’s homepage hours before the start of their E3 press conference, due to a mistake (so they say) by the editing department, which revealed Halo 4 and Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Edition. The game was officially announced at the end of Microsoft’s E3 2011 press conference and is the start of a new trilogy called the Reclaimer trilogy, developed by 343 Industries, Microsoft’s new internal development studio.
The game is scheduled to be released on November 6, 2012, following the release of Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary on November 15, 2011.
It has been confirmed that the Covenant will return, but 343 Industries has stated that they will be “the least of your problems.” As of March 7, 2012, there are no plans for a Halo 4 Beta.
[tabs tab1="Details" tab2="Videos" tab3="Gallery" tab4="Achievements" tab5="Walkthrough"]
Halo 4 E3 2012 Demo
Halo 4 Plot
Immediately following the events of Halo 3, Chief and Cortana were set adrift on the derelict ship, Forward Unto Dawn. In the Announcement Trailer, Cortana wakes Chief from his cryogenic stasis as the ship has come across a planet called Requiem. Cortana’s also detected an intruder on board, which happens to be Covenant invaders probably joining them from the fleet outside Chief’s derelict ship. No word on why the Covenant are there at all, never mind why they’ve broken their truce with humans, nor what role they play in the narrative.Additional UNSC forces on a deep space mission will also come to Requiem in the course of the game’s events.
A major plot point in Halo 4 will surround Cortana nearing the end of her natural life cycle, which is about 7 years. She has interfaced with Forerunner technology and the Gravemind and is overloaded with information. The usual effects of age cause Artificial Intelligences to display signs of madness. Halo 4 will open with a prologue to introduce new players to the plot. 343 industries also stated that the books Halo: Glasslands and Halo: Cryptum will have tie-ins with Halo 4. In the E3 2012 footage, the UNSC Infinity crash lands on Requiem, with a spherical alien ship pursuing it.
- Halo 4 is set in 2557 – four years, seven months and ten days since the FUD was split into two and the finale of the events of Halo 3.
- True native 720p with FXAA
- New HUD, features subtle paralla movement during athetic actions and additional visual cues indicating that you are actually wearing a helmet.
- Chief, Cortana and other characters animated with the assistance of motion capture.
- Cortana impending rampancy will be a critical theme as will be exploring Master Chief as a person.
- Cortana has chosen a new visual identity whilst the Chief has been sleeping.
- The Covenant, at least Elites and Grunts, return but are not the primary enemy.
- The FUD eventually crash lands on Requiem, a planet enclosed in a massive Dyson Shell.
- A new faction from Reqium is introduced. Like the Covenant they will have unique and different enemy types, weapons and equipment. “If anything, they’re kind of elevated in terms of their intelligence and complexity relative to the Covenant.”
- Huge, alive environments – a piece of concept art depicts a floating air squid in a jungle setting.
- The skybox is filled with massive pillars reaching down from above and the surrounding view is painted by the inside of the Dyson Shell.
- Game is split between Campaign and Infinity – the new term of the entire multiplayer experience seperate from the Camapign.
- Multiplier directly and in-directly ties into the Campaign.
- Multiplayer features Spartan IV’s – adult volenteers taken from the the best of special ops soliders, equippe with a new version of the Mjolnir armour (lightweight variation) and deployed onboard the UNSC Infinity.
- The UNSC Infinity is the largest ship the UNSC has ever created. Over three kilmetres long, it was designed with cutting edge technology and features some additional technological enhancements provided by the study of Forerunner technology – including faster and more accurate slipspace travel.
- The UNSC is deployed on a top scret mission into deep space but will cross paths with the Master Chief during the campaign.
- The Spartan IV’s onboard train in the Infinity’s “combat deck” (think holodeck or Danger room). The deck and simulate any known environment and plays host the the multiplayer games players are familar with.
- Firefight is absent and it is stated that there are no plans for it to return.
- New Co-Op mode called Spartan Ops for up to four players in online Campaign-esque missions.
- Spartan OPs introduces new movies sequences and missions on a weekly basis which tells the story of the UNSC Infinity’s mission and battles the new Spartan IV’s face.
- Spartan Op missions are objective based and feature new content, events and locations each week. Spartan Ops missions also reward Spartan Points and feature selectable difficulty levels like Campaign.
- Spartan Ops missions are not DLC, they are included in the overall Halo 4 package but it is unclear if the content is available on the disc or must be downloaded separately.
- Weapons in the overal sandbox include Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, DMR, Assault Carbine, Covenant Carbine, Shotgun, Rocket Launcher, Sniper Rifle, Magnum and Plasma Pistol. There are numerous unrevealed, new weapons.
[tab id=3]coming soon[/tab]
[tab id=4]coming soon[/tab]
[tab id=5]coming soon[/tab]